Wat Chetawan Buddhist Temple
Wat Chetawan is a Thai temple in Petaling District, Selangor, Malaysia. The temple is situated at Jalan Pantai, off Jalan Gasing in Petaling Jaya. It was built in 1957 and officiated by the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the King of Thailand at the time. The temple also becoming the only Malaysian Siamese temple which has been chosen as the custodian of the Buddha sacred relics for all Malaysian Buddhists as part of an ancient relics discovered in Piprahwa, a village in Uttar Pradesh near the border of the Kingdom of Nepal in 1898 which presented to King Chulalongkorn of Siam by the then British Viceroy of India, Lord Curzon. Apart from become the centre for religious community of Malaysian Siamese, the temple also become the place of devotees from non-Thais. The main shrine is heavily gilded in gold leaves and intricately decorated with multi-coloured glass tiles. Its main prayer hall houses several images of Buddha while in the pavilion features the four-faced goddess of Phra Phrom and the Goddess of Mercy of Guan Yin. Another prayer hall pays tribute to abbots with Malay titles that mark their northern Malay Peninsula and southern Thai origin.The temple does always welcome donations from visitors which will be mainly used to sustain the temple and its activities.